If you’re on the Atkins diet, or something similar, you’ll probably love this filling, winter-warmer recipe.. the Simple Low-Carb Spinach Soup.
It’s super green, super simple and super yummy, easy to cook and on the table in no time. The best part? It won’t blow your carb count! That’s what we call a delicious and hearty winter dinner.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Heat butter in large pan and fry onion over medium heat for 5-8 mins or until soft.
- Add ginger and garlic, cooking for about 3-4 minutes.
- Heat vegetable broth in a separate pan before pouring the hot broth into the pot and bring to boil, then simmer for 10 mins.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach wilts. Puree in food processor in batches, making sure it's not too hot as many food processors will malfunction with hot liquids.
- Return soup to pan and add nutmeg. Then stir in cream whilst heating gently.