Chicken is always an easy mid-week family dinner, and these Oven Roasted Orange Chicken Drumsticks are great for adults and kids alike. Easy to throw together and super delicious. This is one recipe you should definitely keep on hand for those nights you feel like getting take away.
If you’re making this for adults you can choose to add a bit more heat to the dish, but we’ve marked which items are optional for more sensitive children’s palettes.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 tbsp Orange Zest
- 3/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder optional
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Large Orange
- 10 Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 Large Red Onion
- Preheat oven to about 200 degrees. Cut up the onion and orange into wedges and set aside
- In a bowl mix together the orange juice, zest, honey, pepper, salt, chilli (if you're including it). Whisk the mixture well.
- Spread the chicken drumsticks out in a non-stick or greased baking dish along with the orange and onion wedges. Pour the marinade on top, turning the drumsticks to coat them well in the marinade.
- Pop chicken in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, basting once or twice with the juices and turning, until the chicken is golden and crisp. When pieced, the juice from the chicken should be clear. You'll also notice the sauce will have thickened.