Knockoff KFC Fried Chicken, the chicken recipe to put KFC’s 11 Herbs and Spices recipe to shame!
Perfect for picnics and family dinners. Serve it with coleslaw and steamed vegetables.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Whole Chicken cut up into 8 pieces
- 6-8 cups Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Pepper
For the Knockoff KFC Fried Chicken Marinade
- 1 1/4 cups Cold Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Adobo Seasoning
- 1/4 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Bottled Chicken Base
- Combine all the marinade ingredients to make the marinade.
- Trim any excess fat and skin from the chicken pieces and marinate them for a couple of hours.
- Mix the milk with the egg in a bowl.
- Combine the other dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Drain the marinated chicken on paper towels.
- Dip each chicken piece in the egg and milk, and then coat it in the dry flour mixture.
- Dip into the egg and milk mixture again then back in the flour. Make sure every piece is well coated.
- Preheat the shortening in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Stack the chicken on a plate until each piece is coated.
- Drop the chicken pieces into the hot shortening, one at a time with tongs being careful not to splash any of the hot oil to avoid burns. Oven mits are a good idea.
- Fry 4 pieces of chicken at a time until golden brown.
- This will take 12 to 15 minutes. Stir the chicken halfway through the cooking time for an even finish.
- Drain the chicken pieces on wire racks for 5 minutes and serve hot.