These Iced Lemon Squares are a really old-fashioned style slice that lasts for ages covered in the fridge!
I adore lemon flavoured sweets…. the tart taste with the sweet is just a match made in heaven. These aren’t too sweet – and if you like your lemon squares to have loads of extra ‘punch’ – add more lemon zest. You can also use oranges or limes if you like!
For another deliciious Lemon Slice recipe, try our ‘No Bake Lemon and Coconut Slice’
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 395 grams Condensed Milk (1 Tin)
- 50 grams Butter
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 250 grams Nice Biscuits
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 3/4 cups Icing Sugar
- Line a lamington tin (28cm x 18cm) with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan, add the tin of condensed milk and the butter. Stir on low heat with a whisk until the mixture becomes smooth and comes together.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon zest, stir in. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Add the Nice Biscuits to a food processor and pulse until they resemble breadcrumbs. Pour them into a large bowl.
- Stir in the desiccated coconut into the biscuit mix until combined, then pour over the warm condensed milk mixture. Mix well.
- Press this mixture into the bottom of the lamington tin, and press down to make firm.
To Make the Lemon Icing:
- Sift the icing sugar well to remove all lumps. Add two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice to the icing sugar and mix well with a whisk until the icing is smooth.
- Pour into a microwave proof bowl. Microwave the icing mixture for 30 seconds to one minute, then whisk until smooth.
- Pour over the biscuit base and refrigerate until set.