Chicken and Cauliflower Bake
When I hear cauliflower and cheese sauce a little part of me dances I’m sure but even I can get bored with it so this is my new twist on old favourite, without even standing over a pot stirring white sauce.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Whole Cauliflower
- 2 cups Cheese grated
- 1 120 Gram Blue Cheese
- 1 Garlic (clove) minced
- 3 Shallots
- 1 Chicken Breast Fillets 500 grams
- 1 Bacon 100 grams, diced
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place chicken breast in a small casserole dish and pour 2 cups boiling water over chicken ensuring that water has covered chicken. Place into oven for 20 minutes. While chicken is cooking bring salted water to the boil in a large saucepan, add cauliflower and boil for 15 minutes.
- Drain chicken and cauliflower and roughly dice into large bowl. Slice shallots, add diced bacon and minced garlic also to the chicken mix. Roughly slice blue cheese and stir through chicken mix. Add 1 1/2 cups of grated cheese, mix well.
- Place chicken mix into medium casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for 20 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes to brown the top.
- Serve with broccoli, beans, peas and carrot.