If you are washing something delicate or fluffy, wool wash is the go.
Even if its not habitually worn by most Australians except in the southern states as it gets cold and snows, we still find ourselves buying wool fabrics for our beddings and others. It could be the most delicate to wear and its maintenance could break your pockets with all the dry cleaning it needs. To have your money’s worth means not wearing them at all to avoid stains or nasty stench.
Well, no need to worry and create your own version of the expensive commercial wool wash variety. It is really easy to make your own at home with simple ingredients. Here’s an easy step by step instruction on how to make a home made wool wash solution:
- 2 cups of grated soap (I like to use Sunlight Soap)
- 1/2 cup methylated spirits
- 1 tablespoon eucalyptus oil
- 1 cup hot water
1. Add all the ingredients into a jar and shake well.
2. Add two tablespoons of the liquid to your washing machine on the gentle or wool cycle.
3. Add a cup of vinegar to the fabric softener section!
4. Store in the jar with the lid firmly sealed until all used up.
Tip: Try other scented oils such as lavender or anything to add a fresh scent!
To learn how to make all your own cleaning products at home, Click Here!